Columbo Clothes and Laughs - Phase 2

With the end of the 70s Columbo episodes rapidly approaching, I was feeling a little melancholy about the end of this project. 
 

 
Columbo Clothes and Laughs has given me something wholesome and interesting to focus on (disassociate with) for the past 10 months straight. 
 
I posted the three best outfits and funny lines from every episode, in order, every Wednesday without fail or delay since last April! This was the most disciplined and committed I've been to anything in decades. 

Posting to Instagram has brought me in touch with a couple hundred of the most creative, compassionate people around the globe - Italy, Japan, Scandinavia, the Midwest of the US and Canada - the site has attracted some really funny and kind people - artists, writers, film buffs, fishers of memes, activists, vintage slingers, and more - and I don't want it to end!

So, I am planning on picking my favorite 70s Columbo scenes and painting them on 8x10 canvas with acrylic paint. 
 
Considering I have 1,685 photos of Columbo scenes saved on my phone, this should not be hard. 
 
I will then have prints made in greeting card form. I will try to post a new painted scene every week, but unlike the clothes analysis blog, I am not promising every single week. 
 

I also have a copy of Peter Falk's autobiography "Just One More Thing." In addition to posting paintings of recreated Columbo scenes, I will try to pick a page or a photo out of his autobiography to spotlight every week. Again, no promises but I will do my best!

Even though the show is copaganda and he tramples suspects' Miranda rights especially in the early years, I have fallen in love (and in thirst) with Columbo busting arrogant rich people and gotta try to keep the good times going.

So thank you all for being here and sharing your thoughts and energy and now I'm going to meet my wife at the yacht club!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Season 1, Episode 6, Columbo - Short Fuse (1972)

Season 2, Episode 3, Columbo - The Most Crucial Game (1972)

Season 3, Episode 7, Columbo - Swan Song (1974)